Northwest Presbyterian is a neighborhood church with a big heart…for God, each other, our community, and our world. Approximately 230 members strong, Northwest Presbyterian is a warm, welcoming place for those seeking a caring, connected church family.
Our church was founded in 1960 to serve northwest Atlanta’s growing population. The congregation first met for worship in the “Red Barn,” which was located at Northside Drive and West Conway Drive. Dr. Chilton “Chick” Thorington (1930-2011) led the congregation for 35 years until his retirement in 1995. Reverend Randolph “Randy” Calvo, Jr. was our second Senior Minister, serving from 1997 until April of 2007. On June 8, 2008, we welcomed our third pastor, Reverend Dr. Timothy T. Boggess to the pulpit.
Northwest Presbyterian Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), a mainline Protestant denomination which traces its history to the 16th century and the Protestant Reformation. PC (U.S.A.) is currently the largest Presbyterian group in the country with 2.5 million members in 11,200 congregations. For more information, visit www.pcusa.org.